Soap Film on a Can: Complete activity guide
Tools & Materials
- One film can made of black plastic (or try making your own!)
- Dishwashing liquid—Dawn™ Ultra Original Scent in blue works best
- Water—distilled water works best
- Karıştırma kabı
- Sabun solüsyonunu koymak için sığ bir tabak
- Beyaz kağıt — çok önemli
- A pencil or pen
- To make the soap solution, mix 1 part dishwashing liquid in 10 parts water.
- Pour the soap solution into the shallow dish, filling it to approximately 1 cm (or half-inch) deep. Soap films work best and last longer if you let them sit overnight, allowing the soap molecules to diffuse through the entire solution.
- Remove the lid from the film can.
- Place the white paper on a tabletop. The white paper is important because light will then scatter up off the paper, bouncing off the soap film and into your eye.
To Do and Notice
- Daha fazla bilgi için okuyun: Soap Bubbles: Their Colors and Forces Which Mold Them by C.V. Boys (Dover Publications, 2012).
- For other ways to experiment with interference colors try the Permanent Oil Slick Snack.